Last Updated: May 2018
- Privacy Statement
- APPLICABILITY OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
- Scope. This Privacy Statement applies to information COGNATE collects or manages from users of the COGNATE Site. It does not apply to information received by COGNATE from you offline or through any other means.
- Third Party Sites. This Privacy Statement also does not apply to information you submit to websites not controlled by COGNATE, even if linked to the COGNATE Site. You should read and understand the privacy policies applicable to such third party sites and service providers.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT. In general, you may use the COGNATE Site without providing any information that personally identifies you ("Personal Information"). However, as described in greater detail below, you may choose to provide Personal Information to Us. In addition, We will store and use information about you, including information about where and when you browse our Site ("Visitor Information"), to continually improve the quality of Our business and our Site, as further described below. Personal information collected through the Site is saved in the firm's contact database where it may be combined with pre-existing contact information in the database.
- Personal Information. You may choose to contact us by e-mail through the COGNATE Site. In such case, you may be asked to provide Us with Personal Information, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, employer's name and your title. We may use this information in order to provide you with information you requested to permit you to participate in the features and information display and gathering nature of the Site or to respond to your comments and questions about Our services and this Site. We may also use your Personal Information to send you additional information that We believe may be of interest to you.
- Visitor Information. When you use the COGNATE Site, We may collect certain information to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, gather broad demographic information and generate user statistics. The Visitor Information We collect includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your Internet host company (e.g., COMCAST), your browser software (e.g., Chrome), your software platform (e.g., Windows 7), the duration of your visit to our Site, and the domain (e.g., .COM, .NET, .CA) of the website from which you arrived at our Site.
- WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Personal Information. We will not share your Personal Information (including e-mail address) with any third party which is not otherwise visible on the site or used or publicly displayed by COGNATE or any authorized partner or user for the intended purposes of the Site, except (i) with your consent, (ii) when we believe in good faith disclosure is required by law, search warrant, subpoena, court order, or other legal process, (iii) requested by law enforcement or other governmental authorities, in our discretion, or (iv) to third parties who are providing services to COGNATE as needed to provide such services. We reserve the right to disclose information about you, including Personal Information and data on which pages you have visited, to third parties if we feel it is necessary to protect the security of Our systems, Site, business, users or others.
- Visitor Information. Visitor Information may be provided to third parties at Our discretion so long as the information is not linked to your Personal Information.
- Transfer of Practice. We may provide and transfer to third parties any or all information regarding the COGNATE Site, including your Personal Information and Visitor Information, in connection with the transfer of all or a portion of COGNATE business practice, whether by merger, acquisition, liquidation or otherwise.
- YOUR CHOICE TO OPTING-OUT. When appropriate We will always provide you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving our electronically provided updates or publications. To do so, please follow the instructions contained therein.
- Wireless Addresses: If the email address you provide to Us is a wireless email address, you agree to receive messages at such address from and/or on behalf of Us (unless and until you opt out). You understand that your wireless carrier's standard or premium rates apply to these messages. You represent that you are the owner or authorized user of the wireless device on which messages will be received, and that you are authorized to approve the applicable charges.
- CHANGES. COGNATE reserves the right to change, modify or update this Privacy Statement at any time and for any reason and such changes will be effective upon posting the amended terms to the COGNATE Site. If we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, We will notify you here, by email, or through notice on our home page. We encourage you to review our Privacy Statement frequently to make sure that you understand how We collect, track, compile, use and share Information. We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time.
- APPLICABILITY OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
How to Contact Us. If you have any questions about the Terms, including the Privacy Statement, the practices of the Site, or your dealings with the Site, please contact us via e-mail at: email@example.com.
or by mail at:
Attn: Bennett Collen
2 Ave de Lafayette, 4th Floor-GSV Labs
Boston, MA 02111